Thursday, October 6, 2011

NuGet Without Committing Packages

I like NuGet.  I’m using it to distribute the #foo REST project.  I had this idea that it would be nice NOT to check in package binaries to source control.  As usual, I’m not the first one with that idea.  God bless all the people that are smarter than me:
PM> Enable-PackageRestore
Attempting to resolve dependency 'NuGet.CommandLine (≥ 1.4)'.
Successfully installed 'NuGet.CommandLine 1.4.20615.182'.
Successfully installed 'NuGet.Build 0.16'.

Copying nuget.exe and msbuild scripts to D:\Code\StarterApps\Mvc3Application\.nuget
Successfully uninstalled 'NuGet.Build 0.16'.
Successfully uninstalled 'NuGet.CommandLine 1.4.20615.182'.

Don't forget to commit the .nuget folder
Updated 'Mvc3Application' to use 'NuGet.targets'
Enabled package restore for Mvc3Application

No comments:

Post a Comment