Wednesday, October 5, 2011

CodePlex and Windows Live Writer

I’m working on a simple POCO message based service layer to sit on top of ASP.NET MVC.  The project (not yet published) is/will be hosted at CodePlex.  As part of this blog, I discovered Windows Live Writer and have been happy with it.  I am even more happy that it works with CodePlex wiki pages.  And I’m giddy that you can use the Insert Code plugin to add code snippets without leaving Live Writer (don’t be freaked out that the last release was in 2006…).

As an aside, I use the more robust SyntaxHighlighter with the PreCode Live Writer plugin for this blog.  I use version 2.x so that the toolbar buttons still show.  There are publicly hosted source files for SyntaxHighlighter, if you’re interested.  I basically then followed the install instructions, substituting the 2.x hosted file URLs where needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment