I was adding a new VirtualBox disk for my data (so I can keep the OS/programs seperate from my personal stuff). Here's how I did it.
- Create the disk in the VirtualBox GUI.
- Format the disk in Linux:
- Find the disk (probably /dev/sdb or some such path): fdisk -l
- Format the disk: fdisk /dev/sdb
- Edit the fstab to mount the disk where you want it:
- /dev/sdb /home/david ext2 defaults 0 0
- Note that I mounted to my home directory, so I need to move my existing home dir (which has all the crappy Windows type folders) and then create it again so that the mount can find the folder.